Sushi making at work has never been easier.
To find out the types of things that we have to offer you please take a look at our corporate brochure..... and of course don't forget to watch our teaser video!
If you’re not already aware of Green Achiever it is a scheme which supports businesses to communicate to potential suppliers, clients and other interested parties the positive things they’re doing for the environment.
Becoming a Green Achiever involves completing an environmental health check which results in an ‘Environmental Health Report’ showing points for consideration and action. After meeting Green achiever criteria businesses and organisations are listed on the Green Achiever website.
What do we do?
We are always looking to reduce our carbon footprint and to recycle as much as possible. We try to use as much organic and environmentally responsible ingredients as we can. We are always looking for better ways to improve our work practices and those of our suppliers. We never use blue fin tuna, and we only use environmentally friendly hand line caught yellow fin tuna.
It is our policy to source all our fish from sustainable and well-managed fisheries or from responsibly farmed aquaculture operations.
We recycle 95% of all our packaging and paper used in our business daily. We will only use fish and seafood that comes from responsible fishermen where the fishing techniques or fish farming, are environmentally responsible, with out losing on quality.
Sample Environmental Policy .
Your Sushi Responsible Fishing Policy Statement
For a fish to be termed "sustainable" in Your Sushi it must meet the following criteria:
- Be a species that is not regarded as threatened or endangered
- Be caught from a well managed fishery with scientifically based quota's
- Be fully traceable from catch to consumer
* integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities,
* promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner,
* train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work,
* reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable,
* promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our facility including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable,
* avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of,
* purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly,
* where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programmes,
* communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it,
* strive to continually improve our environmental performance and minimise the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities.